Research Linkages and Partners
ACCEDE has a long-standing international research collaboration with the International Development Research Centre on Citizenship (CDRC) based at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex. The CDRC has facilitated joint research between researchers from India, Mexico, Angola, Brazil, Nigeria, Kenya and Bangladesh. Comparative synthesis projects have consolidated linkages between southern partners, and an India-Brazil-South Africa Citizenship and Governance network has been established to build new research programmes beyond 2011.
ACCEDE’s research partners include:
- - Society for Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA), India
- - Bangladesh Institute for Development Studies (BIDS), Bangladesh
- - Social Research Institute at the University of Mexico (Mexico)
- - Brazilian Centre for Analysis and Planning, CEBRAP (Brazil)
- - Theatre for Development Center (TFDC) Nigeria;
- - IOB, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- - Department of Third World Studies, Ghent.
The ACCEDE advice offi ce in Khayelitsha helps development organisations and communities to access information on social development, services and NGO and CBO community and developmental support. The advice offi ce coordinator works to ensure that the right individual or organisation is targeted to meet individual or community needs and requests for advice and information.
Through our research into the challenges of democratic urban development processes, the Centre continues to forge linkages with NGOs/CBOs and local and provincial government on issues of social inclusion and urban development. Regular survey data is collected from poor urban areas to independently assess the impact of government policies, especially those to do with basic service delivery and housing, and